The VITeff and Épernay Agglo Champagne renew their partnership this year and are working together on the 17th edition of the Innovation Prize. As of now, applications are open to all exhibitors at VITeff.
> Reward innovative and sustainable projects
The Innovation Prize recognizes the most innovative and environmentally friendly projects in viticulture and winemaking. The competition is open to national, foreign, and local companies that exhibit at VITeff.
Candidates must submit an application* to be submitted no later than April 21, 2023 at 5 p.m. by email. They must choose one or more categories in which one or more of their projects fall into the following:
- Viticulture category
- Winemaking category
- Technological innovation, process, products, and consumables category
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) category
> How to apply for the Innovation Prize?
The application deadline is Friday, April 21, 2023. This will be followed by the audition of candidates and the selection of winners, which will take place on Thursday, May 25, 2023, at the Communauté d’Agglomération Epernay, Coteaux et Plaine de Champagne. The audition can take place in person or remotely.
The award ceremony for the “Viticulture”, “Winemaking”, “Technological Innovation, Process, Products, and Consumables”, “Marketing/Services Innovation”, “CSR” awards is scheduled for Tuesday, October 10, 2023, at the opening of VITeff. Winners in each category will receive a check for 2,000€.
Among the institutions invited to participate in the jury are:
- La Communauté d’Agglomération Epernay, Coteaux et Plaine de Champagne
- Le Club des Entrepreneurs Champenois
- La Chambre de Commerce et d’Industrie de la Marne (C.C.I. Marne)
- Le Comité Interprofessionnel des Vins de Champagne (C.I.V.C)
- Le Centre Technique Interprofessionnel de la Vigne et du Vin (I.T.V)
- La Direction Régionale de l’Entreprise, de la Concurrence, de la Consommation, du Travail et de l’Emploi (DIRECCTE)
- La Direction Régionale de l’Alimentation de l’Agriculture et de la Forêt (DRAAF)
- Le Conseil Régional Grand Est
- Le Conseil Départemental de la Marne
- L’Association Viticole Champenoise (A.V.C)
- Le Syndicat Général des Vignerons de la Champagne (S.G.V)
- La Banque Publique d’Investissement (BPI France)
- L’Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Arts et Métiers (ENSAM)
- Avize Viti Campus
- Les Œnologues Champenois
- Les jeunes vignerons de la Champagne
- L’Association des Chefs de Cave
- L’Association des Responsables de Vignobles de Champagne (A.R.V.C)
- L’Agence Régionale d’Innovation (Grand E Nov)
- Le pôle de compétitivité Bioeconomy for Change (B4C)
- L’institut George CHAPPAZ
> A new category: Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) forms a new category that replaces the jury’s favorite of previous editions.
This aims to reward the exemplary actions put in place by a company in the sparkling wine industry. Therefore, the project must limit the negative impacts of its activity, on an environmental, social and economic level.